Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Eric Clapton - Live 10.10.06 - Washington, DC

Setlist (from Where’s Eric!)

Pretending, I Shot The Sheriff, Got To Get Better In A Little While, Old Love (with Robert Cray), Anyday, Motherless Children

SIT DOWN SET
Back Home, I Am Yours, Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out, Running On Faith

After Midnight, Little Queen Of Spades, Further On Up The Road, Wonderful Tonight, Layla, Cocaine

Encore
Crossroads (with Robert Cray)

*This was my first Clapton show (and it was on my birthday as an added bonus!). I was completely blown away, and a week later there are still no words adequate to describe such greatness. Eric Clapton is a rock ‘n roll legend, and we are blessed that he is still with us and we have the opportunity to see him perform. It was just as fantastic to see his supporting musicians. I have been a Derek Trucks fan for many years now, and playing with Clapton has definitely taken him to a new level of virtuosity. The Derek & The Dominos songs were awe-inspiring. And you haven’t heard “Layla” until you hear that opening riff in person! I almost balked at the ticket price ($140 after fees), but I would be more than happy to fork that over again! It was soooooo worth it! I hear there’s going to be a spring tour…I’m saving up :o)

No comments: