Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 In Music: The Procrastinator's Journey

For the past few weeks, I have been feeling the pressure to compile a "Best Albums of 2008" List. Let me just say that ranking music sucks - it's like comparing apples to eggplants.

So I'm not doing it. There are way too many albums that I liked in 2008 but have not heard enough. Instead of making a list, I'm just gonna take this thing one album at a time, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER. At this rate, I might have a Top 100 of 2008 by January of 2010 :O)

Let's kick this off with a rather obvious choice for me, and one that got many listens at home, on the road, and in concert:



Of course if you know me at all, you should've seen this coming. Nine Inch Nails. The Slip.

This one definitely doesn't have the Holy Shit factor that Year Zero did (or Ghosts for that matter); but considering that it was conceived in a relatively short time period and given away for free, it's pretty damn good. Seeing "Head Down" and "Echoplex" live certainly increased their impact on me. I also really dig "1,000,000." And "Discipline." The whole album is a solid listen. Then again, when's the last time you heard me say something negative about Trent.

No comments: